News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Gen Zers impatient, want human contact
New data out from Marchex may help marketers better interact - and engage - with Gen Z. Just who are Gen Zers? They are the generation coming up behind Millennials, and are expected to pack quite the spending punch.
Researchers with Marchex are looking into how the next buying generation - Gen Z - will interact with businesses and marketers. Their findings? These consumers are impatient, but they want human contact.
"Businesses tend to arrive late to the party when it comes to understanding young adult customers," said Sabrina Gravlee, Analytics Manager at the Marchex Institute. "Gen Z is fast-emerging behind Millennials with new needs and preferences, and this data shatters the stereotype that Gen Z-ers tend to avoid talking to businesses. The truth is Gen Z places a premium on connecting in real time over the phone.... Gen Z consumers can be speaking to a customer agent, research everything that agent is saying and simultaneously tweet about how great or awful their experience is. The faster businesses can understand the patterns and preferences of Gen Z, the faster they can gain footing with this next wave of consumer growth and ensure their own success."
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• Gen Zers are 2.6x more likely to click-to-call a business from their smartphone
• Gen Zers are 30% more likely to curse at a business over the phone
• Gen Zers are 60% more likely to hang up if a call isn't answered in 45 seconds
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...