News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Just 14% of UK businesses track social media campaign results
New research from web design and marketing agency Digimax reveals that very few businesses in the UK currently track social media campaign performance and results.
Social media is a platform on which many businesses now rely for brand awareness, consumer engagement and even customer service. More than half (52%) of all businesses use Facebook and 15% have used Instagram during 2016. Nearly all of the businesses surveyed by Digimax had at least once social media account.
However, just 8% of businesses posted updates on their social media accounts on a daily basis which a third did so every other day. Eighteen percent reported updating social media one a weekly basis, 14% fortnightly and 7% on a monthly basis.
Yet, very few - just a paltry 14% - are measuring the results of their social media efforts.
"Using Social media may be a quick way to increase your brand awareness, but learning how to really master social media marketing can be anything but an easy fix," says Shaz Memon, Creative Director at Digimax. "In order for brands to create a strong media presence by interacting with their customers online, they need to be creating regular campaigns, engaging regularly and measuring the results of those campaigns. Learning what resonates with your audience opens up the opportunity to start conversations, grow business partnerships and expand the online community to win new followers and potential customers."
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...