News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Experts: Mobile native, commerce important in 2017
Look for more out of mobile native companies as well as mobile commerce. Those are two areas that experts say will have a big impact on 2017. Here's why.
The rise of mobile native companies
"As we head into 2017, it's becoming more clear to us - and I think to the media landscape at large - that the next generation of media companies are all mobile-native. If you consider where consumers are getting consistent value to their lives on daily basis, whether it be a fantasy football app that they update during their lunch break or a streaming music app they listen to while they work out, it's companies that were born of mobile that are serving consumers in a way that no one else can," said Will Kassoy, CEO, AdColony.
"Mobile consumers are now much more comfortable with financial transactions on their devices, and now that thumb scan verification is so mainstream, buying items on mobile in the future could become almost seamless. I believe the day is not too far away where we will be able to serve a video ad where consumers can 'tap to buy' while the video is playing and immediately make that purchase on their phone. And they'll do it, because it's easy," said Doug Manson, VP, Creative Services, AdColony.
"The connected home space is going to see some of the greatest progress in 2017. Innovative startups will make aggressive entrance into the space, followed by the major platforms. Devices from the big players like Apple, Google and Amazon are going to become more ubiquitous in our lives as they inhabit not just our pockets, but our homes, too. And as they do, the amount of data they have from consumers will increase geometrically," said Andrew French, General Manager, EMEA, AdColony.
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
- Forecast: Retail to show steady growth through 2017
- Report: Mobile CTOs down YoY
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...