News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How to use loyalty programs to drive sales
While most think of loyalty programs as a way to deepen the engagement with consumers - and they are - there is another reason to get involved with a loyalty or rewards program: to drive sales. Here are three tips that will help brands better use their loyalty program to drive sales.
First, tie your loyalty program objectives to measurable goals.
"Ultimately, a valuable loyalty program should be tied to driving incremental revenue and achieving profitability targets. Consider building your loyalty program on a revenue-based model, where consumers are rewarded on how much they spend rather than number of visits. And look to examples like Starbucks and major airline brands such as Southwest, American and United, for insight on this strategy," said Danielle Brown, VP of Marketing, Points.
Second, se CRM data to your advantage.
"As you gather more information about your customers and their behavior across channels, use the data collected to personalize your efforts," said Brown. "By delivering relevant and targeted offers to your members, you'll be able to drive engagement and value within your program that will have a lasting effect on members and sales."
Third, create a mobile-optimized loyalty program experience.
"Delivering a seamless experience that is consistent across platforms is crucial to driving sales. Whether it be on mobile, web or social, allow members to check balances, earn and redeem their loyalty rewards no matter how they are interacting with your program. Programs need to meet their members where they are and this seamless accessibility is vital in creating long-lasting and engaging relationships," said Brown.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...