News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
3 mobile trends to watch in 2017
Many experts are point to mobile as a huge influencer for 2017 marketing efforts. Here are three mobile trends that could lead the way.
"As our mobile devices continue to act as the connective tissue to our lives and our wallets, fraudsters will continue to invest in new ways to outsmart the system. The mobile industry can expect advances in machine learning, anomaly detection, device-level protection and overall automation. As an industry, we will need to work together to defeat the fraud crusade that is occurring in the space," said Jon Burg, Head of Product Marketing, AppsFlyer.
"Sponsored data will transition from early adoption to mainstream deployment with mobile operators worldwide. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile have all rolled out free data services to U.S. customers, and mobile operators in Latin America, Africa, and Asia also explored sponsored data models. While sponsored data is now mainstream in the U.S., Syntonic expects more mobile carriers around the globe will partner with content providers to capture the enormous untapped prepaid market of nearly 2 billion mobile subscribers," say the experts at Syntonic.
In-App Playable Ads
"As the mobile industry moves toward incorporating more interactive ad formats, playable ads will begin to stand out as a solution that provides high levels of engagement. Playable ads will become front and center in 2017 as app advertisers seek to find new solutions to improve app discoverability and long-term user engagement. From the user's perspective, offering a "test drive," in the form of playable ads allows a user to interact with and experience an app before committing to a download. Giving users this chance to test drive ahead of time increases engagement rates and the likelihood that high-quality users will convert and download the app," said Tom Cummings, Fiksu DSP.
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...