News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Two trends to watch from performance marketing
Look for performance marketing to diverge into a couple of different trend lines as we move into 2017. That's the word from two experts who believe following these trends could help brands perform better in the new year.
First, cross-device date integrations will fuel different targeting options
"Performance marketing is going to see divergent trends. On the one hand, increasingly powerful data-integrations across mobile providers will help fuel the growth of mobile programmatic, targeting and marketing automation. Over the past two years, we have seen many marketers engage in far deeper retargeting and lookalike targeting efforts as it became easier to sync their customer data across platforms. On the other hand, we are also seeing many marketers reallocate performance marketing budgets to very broadly targeted campaigns rather than the narrow targeting that became popular over the last few years. This trend is likely the result of an over-exuberance for targeting that has pervaded our industry. By the end of 2017, these two divergent trends will normalize, creating performance marketing models that are broad at the top of the funnel, and highly targeted and automated lower in the funnel," said Jasper Radeke, Director of Marketing, North America, AppsFlyer.
Second, an overall increase in mobile performance marketing
"We'll see more performance marketing campaigns make their way onto mobile devices. Mobile provides a challenging opportunity as traditional video advertising on pre-roll and out-stream doesn't on a mobile handset. The ads have to be much shorter in duration, provide geo-based targeting and a clear call to action. However, the shift presents a great opportunity for brands as consumers interact with their smartphones in a completely different way than a desktop. It's expected by 2018 that mobile will account for over half of all internet advertising - so it's important that brands start optimizing for mobile," said Patrick Hopf, President and Co-Founder, SourceKnowledge.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...