News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to build holiday loyalty
Keeping customers engaged with brand is one of the top challenges for any business. One expert offers three tips for building customer loyalty and retention.
First, enroll in a loyalty program.
"The easiest way to ensure you retain your current shoppers is to offer relevant deals and rewards for being a loyal customer. Whether it be as simple as sending your shoppers email updates or utilizing a tech loyalty program, providing your current customers with opportunities to save on what matters to them is essential to build loyalty. It's important to remember that the more personalized the loyalty program, the better -- a loyalty program is only as good as its ability to provide the customer with something they will actually want to buy," said Mike Polner, Director of Product Marketing, FiveStars.
Second, offer holiday discounts.
"Major retailers take advantage of the holiday shopping craze by offering special deals and discounts -- Black Friday, for example. If small retailers want to ensure they don't lose their current customers to the big guys, it's important that they keep up with holiday deals and participate in relevant promotional holidays such as Small Business Saturday. Additionally, offering extra-special deals to your long term customers will deepen the shopper-merchant relationship, building loyalty and keeping retention high," said Polner.
Third, introduce new items for the following year.
"The holiday season and end of the year sales are great for increasing traffic and driving revenue, but it's important to plan ahead for the following year -- especially when its slower. Utilizing the high traffic of the holiday season is a perfect opportunity to promote new, upcoming products to ensure that your loyal customers continue to come back even after the holiday products and deals are gone," said Polner.
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
- Forecast: Retail to show steady growth through 2017
- Report: Mobile CTOs down YoY
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...