News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Cyber Monday another record breaker
Early numbers are in from Cyber Monday, and all indications are that Cyber Monday - and, in fact, the entire Thanksgiving Weekend - are successes for e- and m-commerce. According to HookLogic shoppers using their smartphones accounted for 43% of all shopping for Cyber Monday.
HookLogic data also shows a 14.8% YoY increase in mobile phone comversions, with the most purchases coming in between 8pm and 9pm EST.
"While early and extended promotions have likely shifted some buying patterns, we are still thrilled to be a part of yet another record-breaking Cyber Monday with our brand advertisers and retail partners," said Jonathan Opdyke, CEO, HookLogic. "Seeing both the number of shoppers and buyers exceeding expectations as they did is a significant moment for all of us as we work together to make this one of the best holiday shopping seasons yet."
Meanwhile, Adobe Digital Insights reports that mobile accounted for more than half of ecommerce visits and just over one-third of sales for Cyber Monday, although the buzz surrounding the day's sales events was significantly lower on social media sites (82% decrease YoY). Other interesting highlights for the Thanksgiving Weekend, Black Friday and Cyber Monday include:
• From November 24-27, shoppers spent more than $9 billion, a 16% increase YoY
• Black Friday was the first day ever to drive more than $1 billion in sales via mobile devices
• Search and direct messaging drove more sales for retailers
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...