News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile trends to watch in 2017
More smartphones, more ways to pay for goods and services, more mobile. Merchants must gear up for mobile in the new year, according to two experts. Here's why:
First, more device diversification
"Diversification of devices and an increased focus on user-based targeting: IoT and wearable devices are continuing to grow out of a niche and into the norm. As the playing field of devices widens, it is imperative for advertisers to have a grasp on targeting and measuring users, not channels or devices, to achieve success," said Ted Dhanik, CEO & Co-Founder, engage:BDR. "Focus on cord-cutters: Demand is already high for smart TV inventory, and we expect the space to mature in 2017 to better support it. Advertising opportunities for existing content will mature, but we expect content and applications to grow as well."
Second, look for performance video to soar
"Mobile is obviously going to evolve further in 2017, taking up a bigger share of the market with performance video leading the charge. This format is finding more and more applications in mobile, while offering unparalleled freedom in terms of forming brand identity and illustrating the product's benefits," said Dmitry Atamanyuk, CEO, GDM Group. "SmartLink tech is sure to see more widespread use and improvement, at some point becoming a staple element for all platforms as optimization mechanisms get automated further. Mobile engagement marketing is likely to become more demanding in 2017, because the market is aware of the levels of traffic quality possible with new targeting solutions, and user retention is already a major factor in determining the success of mobile campaigns."
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...