News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Trends that could make your New Year brighter
Looking ahead to 2017, most experts are optimistic about business prospects. There are four trends, however, that could make 2017 even brighter for some. Our expert explains.
Mobile data will become a critical part of brand currency
"Mobile advertising now accounts for the majority of digital spend. As publishers, media owners, and app developers see continued growth, they will become more sophisticated in their collection and use of mobile data. Location data, sensor data, and other forms will become a normal trading currency for improving content and advertising. Those who embrace this will be long-term winners," said Rob Jonas, CRO, Factual.
We finally say farewell to opaque inventory
"The challenges of transparency and fraud have not played out as quickly as we expected, but 2017 should see the demise of the low quality ad network. Some buyers are already mandating that all media should be on 100% transparent inventory. Should this play out, it could result in one of the biggest shake outs in ad tech ecosystem history," said Jonas.
The Google and Facebook hegemony becomes reality for all of us
"Google and Facebook will continue to execute well and more than 60% of ad spend will be consumed within these ecosystems. They'll take shots at each other's businesses, but not really make much of an impact. The winner from these skirmishes will most likely be Snapchat," said Jonas.
Brands increasingly dictate tools and tactics to their agencies
"Brands meet with tech companies as much as their agencies do these days, and they are smart. Whether launching their own trading desk or exploring new ways to target consumers, the brands know more about digital than ever. 2017 will see more innovation from brands who aren't afraid to give direction to their agency partners," said Jonas.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...