News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
75% of consumer sharing happens on dark social
A new report from RadiumOne reveals how important sharing analytics tools are to understanding consumer sharing signals and understanding consumer behavior.
RadiumOne's new report, 'The Power of Sharing', is based on massive volumes of information - 1.5 billion viewed events and more than 10.5 million shares and clicks over 30 days.
The report highlights just how important behavior such as sharing brand content with friends and family, or even sharing with themselves (self-sharing), while often invisible actions to brands, can be used to predict consumer behavior or their progress through the purchase cycle.
"Taking advantage of consumer sharing behaviors has thus far been a widely untapped resource by marketers," said Bill Lonergan, CEO at RadiumOne.
RadiumOne's report reveals that consumers that share brand content online are 9x more likely to purchase, while those who share content with themselves are 1.7x more likely to make a purchase. Self-sharing includes texting oneself a link or review as a reminder to make a future purchase, emailing a video to themselves as a reminder to watch later or perhaps following a social media post so it doesn't get lost in their newsfeed.
Furthermore, RadiumOne says that sharing activity can be relied upon as "bots don't share", so the activity is unlikely to be fraudulent.
Finally, without using sharing analytics tools, marketers are likely to miss opportunities to track dark social consumer sharing which account for a whopping 75% of consumer sharing online. According to RadiumOne, "websites, pictures and other information is shared with selected individuals for a reason, rather than an entire community via public social networks".
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...