News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Most wish digital games would help connect
While many people might think of digital games as 'me time', a growing number wish the games they played helped them interact more socially. That is the takeaway from new Sequence data which found that 66% of gamers surveyed want their games to help them interact with friends or family.
Just what kind of interactions are these gamers seeking?
"People are ready for digital games that connect them in more natural, social ways. Our insights show that increasingly people are seeking a balance between the digital and physical in our culture," said Jojo Roy, chief executive officer of Sequence. "Gameplay can be a proxy for other social experiences that have moved online - fundamental interactions like learning, entertaining or communicating. This desire for real-life social connection represents a significant opportunity for game developers, but also for consumer brands that are extending their reach through second-screen experiences like games and other forms of digital entertainment."
Some interesting findings from the Technology and Tomorrow's In-Person Social Experience survey include:
• 46% play digital games as part of in-person social gatherings
• 52% of these 'prefer' games that can be played in short time periods
• 57% say simpler tech would help to make digital games more social
• 97% are playing Pokemon Go as part of a group
Of those surveyed, Millennials are twice as likely to game with friends and family as Boomers and one-quarter 'like playing' digital games with friends/family and using multiple devices.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...