News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Safety key to wearables future
The key to new adoption in the wearable tech sector is safety. That's the word from new Skyhook data which indicates that nearly half of consumers are interested in the ability to track family members or personal safety from their IoT devices.
According to Skyhook data most (88%) of people who don't yet have wearables say location data accuracy is 'critical' to device ownership while 74% say they want to be able to create customized experiences, using a device, based on their location.
"This research confirms that family and personal safety trackers are the next hot market for wearables but there's work to be done by manufacturers to showcase the value of advanced location technologies," said Skyhook vice president of product David Bairstow. "This category has shown promise for some time but previous location functionalities were limited at best. Today it's possible to embed powerful, advanced location services right into a chip on the device, helping to create new use cases and experiences and also untether the device from a smartphone."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 1 in 4 surveyed 'don't fully appreciate' wearables value
• 81% say they are interested in purchasing wearables in the future
• 40% say they are interested in the ability to track family/personal safety via wearables
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...