News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study IDs email fatigue
SendGrid's latest Global Email Benchmark Report has been released, and among the key findings is this: despite high send frequency, emails from the Health/Fitness, Real Estate, and Mobile App spaces continue to have both strong open and click rates.
While sending too many emails is never a good idea, even for the best lists around, high send rates in certain categories are not slowing the click or open rates. That is one key takeaway from the new SendGrid 2016 Global Email Benchmark report. The report authors found that the average send rate per month is 9.8; in that average, unique open rates are standing at 14% and open rates at just over 27%. Click rates remain in the 1.9% to 3% ranges.
The main exception to this trend is in eCommerce. According to the data eCommerce shows a monthly send rate of 18.3 with a 4% CTR; both numbers may be indicative of email fatigue.
"According to the Direct Marketing Association, email remains one of the most cost effective ways for businesses to communicate with customers and prospects, with an estimated ROI of $38 for every $1 spent, yet 20 percent of legitimate emails never reach the inbox," said Scott Heimes, CMO of SendGrid. "The 2016 Global Email Benchmark Report provides organizations with an industry benchmark that highlight successes, trends and establishes the best practices to deliver successful email marketing campaigns."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Highest monthly send rates are from Career/Job, Daily Deals/eCoupons and Dating sites
• 50% of emails from Travel, Social Media and eCommerce sites are opened on mobile devices
• 59% of Political/Advocacy emails are opened on desktops
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...