News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Consumers want to communicate with brands via messaging apps
Two-thirds of consumers prefer to communicate with brands via messaging apps but, according to cloud communications platform firm Twilio's latest research, the majority of brands do not currently have the infrastructure in place to cater for this preference.
Twilio commissioned market research firm Vanson Bourne to survey 6,000 consumers across North America, Europe and Asia about how they want to use technology to communicate with brands.
Globally, 85% of people want to be able to not only receive a message from a business but also answer a message from a business. In South Korea, India, Singapore and the U.S., messaging is the preferred customer service channel.
Globally, 66% said they now prefer to use native messaging apps to contact, or be contacted by, brands, ahead of text messages (47%), Facebook Messenger (21%), Whatsapp (18%), LINE (6%) and Snapchat (2%).
Manav Khurana, VP of product marketing at Twilio, says this latest research reveals a growing divide between consumer expectations and brands' capabilities.
"Consumers message more than they call, email or even post on social media but businesses are still trying to reach them via the channels they no longer use," said Khurana. "To keep up with consumers, brands must adopt messaging as a channel and begin communicating with customers in the same way people communicate with each other."
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...