News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Olympic viewers may not connect with ads
New data out from Toluna indicates that while people are tuning in to the Olympics, those viewers may not be tuned in to Olympic sponsors. But, there are ways to better engage with them.
First, the study. Toluna has looked at how and when viewers are engaging with Olympic content; according to their data most (78%) of Americans have been watching the coverage with nearly half watching through midday (41%).
The bad news: while viewers are tuning in, many are not tuned in to the advertisers during coverage. Their survey found that nearly half (48%) 'could not name' any ad they've seen during coverage. In fact, as of 10 days into the coverage, brand awareness remained flat for most viewers.
Meanwhile, Campaigner has released a new infographic that indicates how brands can best communicate during the Olympics. Campaigner's experts suggest hyper-personalizing content based on demographics and location data as well as past purchases. And, they advise brands to remember their own flexibility.
"Don't be afraid to...experiment with your email campaign. Consider using emojis in your subject line or adding video or interactive polls to the body of your email to drive engagement from new audiences," write the experts. " Use A/B split testing to try out different subject lines, email body content and images to find out if a new strategy might be worth implementing for a future campaign."
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...