News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Sharing economy up 169%
Sharing is the new buying. That's the takeaway from new data which shows that since 2014 the sharing economy - consumers turning to peers to get goods and services - has increased by 169%.
Connexity's Hitwise has released the Data Day 2016: A Look at the US Sharing Economy report, which looks specifically at the financial and space sharing spaces. In Q1 2016 more than 143 million Americans visited space sharing sites while 107 million checked into financial sharing sites.
"The sharing economy is growing at an exponential rate," says Nigel Wilson, Managing Director at Hitwise. "Thousands of sharing economy companies have sprouted up around the world, and consumers are actively engaging in collaborative consumption. According to PwC, 44% of all adults in the US are aware of the sharing economy and 19% have engaged in a sharing economy transaction. It is imperative for brands to consider how to support and participate in collaborative consumption, rather than compete against it."
Other key takeaways from the report include:
• Americans between 25 and 34 are most likely to visit space sharing sites
• Those 18 to 34 (Digital Natives) are the most active in the sharing economy
• Those over 35 (Digital Migrants) are primarily using home swapping and lending sites - like Kickstarter or IndieGoGo
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...