News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Welcome messages on the rise
According to one new report, brands are more concentrated on sending out welcome messages for new subscribers to their email lists. Researchers with Campaigner found that nearly 40% of marketers are now sending 'thank you' messages as their first brand contact with news subscribers.
Most of those brands say they are getting good engagement from the thank you messages - about 21% are seeing customer engagement from those messages. Nearly two-thirds (62%) are sending welcome messages within the first 24 hours of sign up, with one-third (35%) scheduling delivery of the messages between 8am and 11am.
"It takes just seconds within meeting someone to form a lasting impression," said EJ McGowan, general manager, Campaigner. "Unsurprisingly, first impressions for brands are just as critical and time-sensitive. Marketers who quickly deliver engaging welcome emails to new subscribers will see greater success in conversions, while also building brand reputation."
As to how brands are engaging with consumers to sign up for their newsletters and mailing lists, most (44%) are using content marketing options and 49% are using standard promotional tactics.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 87% include images in welcome emails
• 26% include video content
• 31% say they geo-target welcome emails
More than half of those surveyed (60%) say they plan to use email as a 'primary acquisition' tactic in the next year.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...