News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad agencies prefer Instagram to Twitter for social media campaigns
Instagram is proving more attractive to advertising agencies than Twitter, according to a new survey from Strata, a unit of Comcast.
A survey of 83 advertising agencies by Strata to discover which social platform their clients preferred for social media campaigns found that Instagram was the most popular. Facebook was the outright favorite, cited by 96%, which was to be expected, followed by YouTube (68%).
But, in terms of the next most popular, Instagram ousted Twitter for the first time. Nearly two-thirds (63%) cited Instagram as their social platform of choice compared to 56% who said they would use Twitter.
"We're seeing almost all of our clients shifting if not all of their budgets, then most of their budgets from Twitter to Instagram," Chris Gilbert, senior social strategist at digital agency Kettle, told Reuters. "Marketers typically want to be where the audience is."
The reason for the shift is due, in part, to Instagram's larger user-base and thanks to its use of Facebook ad technology which enables advertisers to target highly specific audiences.
According to Reuters, Twitter has rejected the findings of Strata's survey saying that they "have close relationships with our agency clients and continue to hear that Twitter offers the most powerful creative canvas".
Social spend is on the rise overall with 17% of agencies saying they will allocate up to a quarter of their budgets on social, up 76% on the last quarter. Social media also moved into the top spot for digital spend at 77% of agencies, a 28% increase over last quarter to overtake display (73%).
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...