News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Brands aren't ready for mobile
While many brands have pushed quickly into the mobile space, one new survey suggests those brands aren't ready for the expectations of their mobile customers. According to SiteCore's survey 4 in 10 mobile brands don't have an actual mobile strategy.
Although brands (97%) and consumers (76%) agree that a seamless mobile experience is very important, brands continue to fall short of the expectation meter. That's the takeaway from new SiteCore research which found that less than one-quarter (23%) of brands can measure the mobile customer experience based on KPIs.
"As mobile devices have overtaken PCs for Internet access, brands must include the mobile environment when defining the customer experiences they deliver," said Scott Anderson, CMO, Sitecore. "Consumers now expect a contextual experience inclusive of mobile and will reward brands with loyalty for doing so while punishing those that don't with decreased business. All consumers today should be considered the mobile consumer."
Other interesting findings include:
• 96% of brands believe mobile expectations will change over the next three years, 66% of consumers agree
• 48% of brands believe they are now delivering a 'seamless mobile experience'
• 98% of brands say their business has been affected by mobile customer experience
• 46% have seen budgets reduced to account for mobile investments
About half of brands (51%) say they've personalized content for mobile customers; 61% say they have an optimized mobile website.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...