News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK insurers performing well on email, not social, for customer service
Insurers may have a presence on social media, but their inability to answer routine customer queries via this channel is impacting their digital customer experience, according to new research carried out by Eptica.
Multichannel customer interaction management software provider Eptica has looked into the ability of ten leading UK insurers to answer routine questions via the web. The research, which has been repeated annually since 2011, looks at insurers' speed and accuracy in responding to queries across email, Twitter, Facebook and web chat.
The findings show that email is the channel insurers focus on for customer service. All the insurers offered email and 80% successfully answered the question sent to them, compared to just 50% who managed to do so in 2015. However, Eptica found that the average response time has increased from 20 hours in 2015 to 28 hours and 4 minutes this year.
Insurers are not performing too well on social media. While all had a presence on Twitter, and 60% on Facebook, just 50% and 40% respectively responded successfully to queries. On Twitter, the average response time was 58 minutes - significantly faster than last year's 8 hours and 52 minutes. Facebook response time was faster than email at 1 hour 33 minutes on average.
According to Derek Lewis, Eptica's UK and Ireland sales director, in order to drive loyalty insurers must be prepared to converse with consumers on the channel of their choice.
"The 2016 Eptica Multichannel Customer Experience Study found that insurers are still struggling to adapt - performing well on email, but answering less than half of all questions asked online and via social media," said Lewis. "This should be a wake up call - at a time of greater competition and pressure on margins, insurers that prioritise the customer experience are likely to gain business over their poorer performing rivals."
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...