News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer loyalty
Building customer loyalty continues to be a challenge for many brands, even though the internet can make it simpler for brands and their customers to interact. One expert offers three tips on improving customer loyalty.
1. Provide support by mimicking brick-and-mortar
"22% of online consumers say they miss the personalized in-store experience provided by live sales associates. To capture the loyalty of these shoppers, replicate the in-store experience by offering live associates to online consumers as well. This personal presence can help alleviate stress for the 41% who feel anxious about their purchases and the 29% who are overwhelmed by product options," said Jeff Adcock, Chief Strategy Office & SVP of Alliances, Needle.
2. Leverage user-generated content
"25% of online consumers say they have abandoned a purchase due to poor product information, and 28% say their biggest frustration is the time it takes to research products. In addition, 65% say they seek out user-generated content before making a purchase. Make sure each product on your site lists ample, easy-to-find specifications. Consider co-creating content with your brand's most passionate advocates. For example, showcase guest blogs from influencers, share fans' social media content and highlight customer reviews. By offering quality content and information, you're more likely to gain customers who are eager to return to your site," said Adcock.
3. Instill brand trust through peers
"Only 12% of consumers trust sales associates, but 82% trust personal endorsements. You can't rely on typical sales conversations to form lasting connections between consumers and your brand. Instead, provide your customers peer-to-peer interactions by activating passionate brand advocates who can offer first-hand knowledge and trusted advice as a result of owning and using the products themselves. Trusted experiences like this lead to long-term loyalty," said Adcock.
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...