News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for a strong email strategy
Email continues to be a strong contender for many brands. One expert explains why email is working, and how to make your email strategy stronger.
Kristina: How can brands ensure, even with "older" ad types like email, that their message is relevant?
Cynthia Price, Vice President of Marketing, Emma: Ultimately, relevance is the goal for all marketers regardless of the tools they use to communicate their messages. Marketers strive to learn everything they can about their prospects and customers, but all that data is meaningless unless they can deliver relevant messages, or in this case, relevant email. Email continues to evolve and offers much deeper data analytics and targeting capabilities than other channels to help marketers understand and tailor content for their audience. By the same token, email is also much more measurable. You can see who opened, who clicked, what they clicked on, what device they used, and so on. The only difference is we can do it a lot better and faster now.
Kristina: What are your top 3 tips for a strong email strategy?
Cynthia: First, get to know your subscribers and tailor your content to their needs. Juniper Research found relevant emails drive 18 times more revenue than broadcast emails.
Second, embrace email automation. It might seem impersonal, but it actually makes your email more relevant and timely. Plus, it will save you tons of time and supercharge your click rates. On average, automated email generates 152 percent higher click rates, according to Epsilon Email Institute.
And the third tip is to always think mobile. Your marketing depends on it. In 2015, 54 percent of all email was opened on mobile devices. Brands that aren't optimizing their email (and landing pages) for mobile users are missing a massive opportunity and risking lost business.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...