News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips emailers can take from March Madness
March Madness is getting underway, and as basketball fans around the US tune in, Campaigner reminds businesses that they can also take something away from the courts: tips to slam dunk their next email campaign.
First, don't foul out
"Too much aggression on the court will get you fouled out and sitting on the bench for the rest of the game. Similarly, you shouldn't take an aggressive approach to your email marketing strategies. Bombarding your subscribers with too many messages will quickly get you benched with an "unsubscribe." Use insights from previous campaigns to determine the email frequency that will resonate most with your customers, and then set up automated campaigns to ensure that messages are delivered at the right pace," advise the Campaigner experts.
Second, calculate those shots
"Hyper-personalized offers can be clutch for conversion rates, and nothing reveals more about your contacts than what they purchase and when. Use this information to make calculated offers for complementary products and refills for items that may wear down or run out," writes the company.
Third, try those option plays
"Coaches switch up their runs from quarter-to-quarter, game-to-game until they find one that works best against each opposing team. As a marketer, switch up your segments in the same way. Your contact demographics are always changing, so your messaging, and its recipients, should as well," advises Campaigner.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...