News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips emailers can take from March Madness
March Madness is getting underway, and as basketball fans around the US tune in, Campaigner reminds businesses that they can also take something away from the courts: tips to slam dunk their next email campaign.
First, don't foul out
"Too much aggression on the court will get you fouled out and sitting on the bench for the rest of the game. Similarly, you shouldn't take an aggressive approach to your email marketing strategies. Bombarding your subscribers with too many messages will quickly get you benched with an "unsubscribe." Use insights from previous campaigns to determine the email frequency that will resonate most with your customers, and then set up automated campaigns to ensure that messages are delivered at the right pace," advise the Campaigner experts.
Second, calculate those shots
"Hyper-personalized offers can be clutch for conversion rates, and nothing reveals more about your contacts than what they purchase and when. Use this information to make calculated offers for complementary products and refills for items that may wear down or run out," writes the company.
Third, try those option plays
"Coaches switch up their runs from quarter-to-quarter, game-to-game until they find one that works best against each opposing team. As a marketer, switch up your segments in the same way. Your contact demographics are always changing, so your messaging, and its recipients, should as well," advises Campaigner.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...