News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Ad waste frustrating B2B brands
B2B brands have a problem with ad waste. That's the takeaway from a new Demandbase stuvey which found that most (71%) of B2B brands believe there is waste in their advertising campaigns.
Demandbase has released findings from there their Ad Waste Survey, and the results aren't great for B2B brands. On-going issues with properly attributing sales, engagement and other metrics is online of the leading issues, and it isn't just in B2B circles. Other studies have found B2C brands also struggle with attribution.
"B2B marketers are realizing that while their digital advertising strategy may be reaching a large audience, it's not necessarily delivering the right results," said Peter Isaacson, chief marketing officer at Demandbase. "This ad waste dilemma isn't new - most companies know that they are wasting a significant part of their digital ad dollars, but the problem is they don't know which part. B2B marketers need to adjust their strategy away from B2C best practices and look at B2B-focused solutions that can deliver more effective advertising, personalization and sales programs to the specific accounts that will really deliver business results."
Other interesting findings from the Demandbase report include:
• 96% of B2B brands say their digital campaigns reach 'significant' numbers of consumers who aren't in their targeting mix
• 89% say they aren't optimizing the mix of their digital campaigns
• 71% say their campaigns do not meet expectations
About half of B2B brands say they measure campaigns success according to conversions and CPI, but experts agree that these metrics are not suited to typical B2B campaigns.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...