News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Teens, Millennials attached to email
For several years the 'death of email' reports have been increasing, but one new report indicates those reports are not accurate. While adults - Boomers, Gen-X and Gen-Yers use email the most, Adestra's research finds that teens and Millennials are also quite attached to email.
Just how important is email to a brand's strategy? Very according to one report which finds all age groups - including teens and young adults prefer email communiques from brands. More than half (68% Teen, 73% Millennials) say brand communications should come through email.
The researchers also found that making emails mobile-friendly is a growing concern for brands because most (86%) respondents use smartphones to check email. Nearly half of Teens and Millennials check their phones for email notifications, so the numbers skew higher for older adults.
"We're always trying to track where our customers are going and what they're doing. We scroll through spreadsheets of data but what we really want to know is what happens after we hit 'send'? Who is actually reading our emails and from what devices? We commissioned this study to answer some of those questions," said Ryan Phelan, VP of marketing insights for Adestra. "For the last few years, it's been widely assumed that email would fade away because Millennials and teens weren't going to use it. It turns out that the opposite is true. Email continues to be part of everyday life across all age groups, with consumers literally hanging out in their inboxes all day long."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Nearly half of Teens and Millennials 'rely on email' to making online purchases
• Nearly half of Gen X and Boomers also rely on email for online purchasing
• 48% Teens, 44% Millennials reach for their phones as soon as they turn off the alarm clock
Image via Shutterstock
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...