News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennials accept ads that support income of their favorite digital celebs
In the face of a plethora of media attention on ad blocking comes research from Defy Media that shows Millennials appreciate their favorite digital celebrities need ads on their channels to earn a living.
According to recent research by Retale into ad blocking, Millennials are "more inclined to tune out display and banner ads while on a PC, they're proactive in blocking them. Only 37% aren't using some sort of ad blocker today".
But, hang on. There seems to be an exception to the trend. According to Defy Media's 'Annual Acumen Report', nearly two-thirds (63%) of Millennials "agree that digital celebs need ads on their channel to earn a living" and more than half (58%) don't mind watching them.
Ads by a digital celeb's brand sponsor topped the list of "ads that are always or sometimes ok" with a 5 second intro by a brand sponsor accepted by 89% and a digital celeb announcing their brand sponsor by 87%. In terms of pre-roll the shorter the better (15 secs 80%, 30 secs 67%, 1 minute 53%).
- free and social media resources, combined, are used more and longer than television;
- The top reason given for watching videos online is to kill time/boredom (77%) followed by keeping up with celebs, sports and shoes (63%), stress relief (61%) and keeping up with current videos/events (60%);
- digital sources Millennials can't live without are YouTube (67%), Netflix (61%) and social media (net) (48%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...