News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: MCommerce trends to watch
Mobile commerce should be on retailers' radar, according to one expert. With strong growth through the 2015 holiday season, m:commerce is expected to have a strong showing throughout 2016. Here are three trends retailers should follow.
First, tracking across devices
"For us, one of the biggest trends we've seen, and helped implement, is the ability to track consumer intent across multiple devices," said Eldar Sadikov, Jetlore. "As consumers research and buy more on their mobile devices, being able to make that experience fresh and relevant will be key for businesses to stay profitable. Our technology, for example, is able to help personalize the customer experience on mobile in ranking product categories at the top of a shopper's mobile web browser page or application page in order of what's most relevant to them and what they're most likely to search for. This capability is critical for retailers that want to stay relevant for modern shoppers."
Second, responsive design
"Until now, personalization for consumers has started at the product page, but the future of e-commerce will push personalization to the homepage, and will react to consumer behaviors in real time for a unique online buying experience from the consumers' first click," said Sadikov.
Third, making emails mobile friendly
"Also, nearly 60 percent of emails are opened on mobile. Most brand and retailer emails are opened on mobile devices. The ability to make these emails functional and optimized for mobile is a huge opportunity," said Sadikov.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...