News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
61% of businesses now embrace video as a marketing tool
Just how quickly are marketers catching on to the use of video in their marketing efforts? New research from Wyzowl reveals all.
In their first 'State of Video Marketing' survey, based on surveys of marketing professions and online consumers during 2015 and 2016, UK-based content creation firm Wyzowl found that 61% of businesses reported using video as a marketing tool. Nearly two-thirds report that their use of video has directly led to increased sales.
As an indication of the phenomenal growth of marketing video adoption, 66% of those businesses were not using video in their marketing efforts 12 months ago. Of those that do now use video, it's something they will continue to do and 91% said they plan to maintain or increase their video spend this year while 67% say they plan to spend more. Just 8% plan to decrease or cut their budget.
According to Wyzowl's Samantha Ferguson, the stats revealed in their research "should make it very clear that video is a powerful marketing tool, and no longer just a "great-to-have", but a "must-have". The 39% of businesses that are yet to add video to their marketing strategy are risking falling seriously behind".
Additional data from Wyzowl's comprehensive research include:
- 76% of businesses that use video say it provides good ROI;
-72% believe it improves conversion rates;
- 83% of the 45% of businesses who have explainer videos on their homepage say they are effective;
- 78% of the 87% who use video on social media believe it to be an effective tactic;
- 15% of businesses who don't use video say it is too expensive.
More stats can be found on Wyzowl's website.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...