News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 trends to watch in ad:tech
Mobile marketing and the adtech that supports it is an ever-evolving landscape of innovation and fierce competition. One expert offers three major trends that are leading the charge for 2016.
Data Science is the New Creative!
"Marketers are ever shifting towards data-driven approaches, pushing adtech vendors to embrace quality, scalable data and powerful data science; namely, interpreting and activating the data in meaningful ways. 81% of marketers indicate that data will become more important to their marketing and advertising efforts in order to become more customer-centric and maximize effectiveness/efficiency of marketing investments," said Michael Hayes, CMO, UberMedia.
L-ROI is the next BIG KPI
"This is the year that marketers will fully embrace real-world location visit measurement as a critical KPI (key performance indicator). Further, understanding your Location Return on Investment (or L-ROI) will be the metric that will take hold in walls of agencies and in the heads of marketers. 56% of agencies rated the use of mobile location data as one of the most important digital marketing tactics in a media plan and eMarketer predicts 38% of US mobile ad dollars will be spent on location targeting this year," said Hayes.
Mobile is First when Captivating Consumers Cross Screen
"Reaching consumers across screens in the moments that matter will take center stage as marketers look to find solutions to media fragmentation. With nearly 74% of US adults using smartphones and checking them an average of 150 times a day, plus consumers using their smartphones simultaneously with tablets, desktops, and watching television, marketers will embrace Omni-channel ad tech solutions that are "mobile first." Mobile will be the connective tissue that ties together cross-channel measurement to understanding a customer's true path-to-purchase," said Hayes.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...