News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
Retailers have more channels than ever with which to engage shoppers. There are store channels, online and mobile sites, social media. Which these have opened the lines of communication, they may have also complicated the retailers-shopper relationship. Here are three solutions to the challenges retailers face.
The customer experience gap
"Retailers invest billions in getting customers in the door and to the online marketplace, yet they aren't equipped to extend that engagement after customers complete a purchase. As a result, they're missing out on a key opportunity to create a memorable customer experience and keep customers coming back. Retailers must focus on the post-purchase experience if they want to survive and thrive," said Amit Sharma, Founder & CEO, Narvar.
Growing customer expectations
"Ever since Amazon pioneered the "fast and free" shipping model, customers expect a superior experience after they click buy. Beyond delivering packages fast and free, retailers can differentiate by harnessing delivery for customer engagement. The key is to engage customers post-purchase with the same attention and intelligence that is used to get them to click buy. This could take the form of proactive delivery notifications, personalized messages or analytics-backed tracking," said Sharma.
"Marketing teams are credited with getting customers to click buy, and supply chain teams are known for getting packages from the factory to front door. Yet, the real magic happens when these two teams work together. Retailers that bridge the gap between marketing and supply chain will create a cohesive customer experience that turns one purchase into the first of many," said Sharma.
Image via Shutterstock
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...