News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Mobile experience falling short
The digital experience is becoming more and more important, but according to one new survey a growing number of consumers are finding their mobile experience is not living up to their expectations. Just how important is 'experience'? Very, find the researchers. Most consumers (93%) report they 'take action' when a mobile experience isn't up to par, and of those one-third (33%) say they choose 'to never purchase' from that brand again.
If you think experience is just a 'nice to have' option, think again. According to one new report the customer experience can lead to sales or to shoppers every crossing the threshold again. Sitecore recently polled more than 4,000 consumers in 11 countries and found that when shoppers have a good mobile experience they are more likely to build brand loyalty (76%), and when they have a bad experience, they're likely to never shop with that retailer again (33%).
"The number of customers consuming content on their mobile devices has grown 41 percent compared to just one percent on the desktop," said Scott Anderson, CMO, Sitecore. "The Vanson Bourne research reveals vast unmet consumer expectations and a very real need, in terms of loyalty and sales, for businesses to close the gap between consumer expectations and what brands deliver today."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 6 in 10 say their mobile experiences 'are not fully met'
• 24% say they 'are fully satisfied' with their mobile shopping experience
• 23% say 'there is continuity' between mobile and online experiences
• 66% believe their customer expectations will change over the next 3 years
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...