News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Loyalty higher for mall-wide programs
For brick-and-mortar retailers, engaging in a mall-wide loyalty program rather than store-specific may be a way to invite more shoppers in the door. That according to a new Spring report which shows consumers engaged with mall-wide loyalty programs spent more than 90% more when redeeming their reward points.
A store's loyalty program can be a huge motivating factor for shoppers, and Spring's 2015 Holiday Shopping Snapshot indicates it can also be beneficial for the stores and malls sponsoring the programs. Their data shows that during the holiday period at one mall, the average, non-rewards shopper spent just over $88 while the average rewards user spend just over $200.
"When a mall leverages a loyalty program that extends to all retailers while pinpointing consumers based on real time spending data, it clearly has an impact on how much a customer spends and how often they come back," said Jonathan Dyke, Co-founder of Spring. "Businesses of all sizes are demanding to see exactly how their digital marketing is driving in-store sales and now they're able to do that in a way never before seen."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Time between visits to the mall for non-rewards users averaged 6 days
• Time between reward activation and redemption was 2.41 days
• On average, rewards users spent 125% more than non-rewards users
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...