News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Mums in the UK join private parenting groups on social media and thoroughly research products, brands and holidays on social networks, according to new research.
More than two-thirds (67%) of the 3,000 mums in the UK surveyed by FanFinders said they conduct thorough research when making a big purchase, and another 30% said they read at least a few online reviews. Just 3% do not seek out recommendations.
Moreover, half (52%) said they use social networks to get recommendations from time to time, while 8% said they always turn to social media to research options thoroughly.
The research, reported on by The Drum, also found that private parenting groups are popular hangouts for mums, with Facebook being preferred by 84%. Busy, on-the-go mums also access social media via mobile (76%) more than on desktop or laptop.
In fact, Facebook recently reported that parents use Facebook Mobile 1.3 times more than non-parents, and not just for keeping tabs on their children or friends.
"Equipped with their mobile devices, parents can get opinions, price comparisons and reviews before they make purchasing decisions. This is particularly true for Millennial parents (ages 18-34), who are 30% more likely than Boomer parents (ages 50-65) to use their mobile devices to make more informed purchasing decisions," says a recent Facebook IQ post.
Image via Shutterstock
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...