News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Mums in the UK join private parenting groups on social media and thoroughly research products, brands and holidays on social networks, according to new research.
More than two-thirds (67%) of the 3,000 mums in the UK surveyed by FanFinders said they conduct thorough research when making a big purchase, and another 30% said they read at least a few online reviews. Just 3% do not seek out recommendations.
Moreover, half (52%) said they use social networks to get recommendations from time to time, while 8% said they always turn to social media to research options thoroughly.
The research, reported on by The Drum, also found that private parenting groups are popular hangouts for mums, with Facebook being preferred by 84%. Busy, on-the-go mums also access social media via mobile (76%) more than on desktop or laptop.
In fact, Facebook recently reported that parents use Facebook Mobile 1.3 times more than non-parents, and not just for keeping tabs on their children or friends.
"Equipped with their mobile devices, parents can get opinions, price comparisons and reviews before they make purchasing decisions. This is particularly true for Millennial parents (ages 18-34), who are 30% more likely than Boomer parents (ages 50-65) to use their mobile devices to make more informed purchasing decisions," says a recent Facebook IQ post.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...