News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More marketers seeking to integrate email with social media
A recent survey by Selligent/StrongView suggests marketing budgets will rise this year with email the top target for investment.
Marketing budgets will rise this year among 56% of the 300 marketers surveyed by Selligent/StrongView. A third (35%) will maintain spending levels from 2015 and just 9% plan to decrease investment.
Email marketing is the media category for which most marketers will increase investment as they look to increase subscriber engagement and improve segmentation, targeting and data analysis to better understand customer behavior and context.
"This data is not surprising as email is still, by far, key in any marketing strategy," says Sean Brady, president of the Americas at Emarsys, commenting on the findings of the marketing trends report. "Within email, there is a lot of space for content in which you have more creative freedom versus other mediums like social media, SMS and sometimes Web sites."
Furthermore, email has the highest ROI per dollar spent, and is the most effective channel for consumer engagement.
The survey also revealed a marked increase in the number of marketers looking to integrate email with social media to increase engagement opportunities. Forty-five percent of marketers surveyed said "social media channel growth" is their top email marketing initiative for 2016, up from 34% last year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ecommerce Roundup: As digital increases, so does fraud
- Survey: Health Lifestyle grabs consumer interest
- Alibaba forms alliance with big brands to fight counterfeiting
- Expert: What marketers need to know about RegTech
- Mobile 'click injection' fraud forecast to become prevalent in 2017
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...