News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More marketers seeking to integrate email with social media
A recent survey by Selligent/StrongView suggests marketing budgets will rise this year with email the top target for investment.
Marketing budgets will rise this year among 56% of the 300 marketers surveyed by Selligent/StrongView. A third (35%) will maintain spending levels from 2015 and just 9% plan to decrease investment.
Email marketing is the media category for which most marketers will increase investment as they look to increase subscriber engagement and improve segmentation, targeting and data analysis to better understand customer behavior and context.
"This data is not surprising as email is still, by far, key in any marketing strategy," says Sean Brady, president of the Americas at Emarsys, commenting on the findings of the marketing trends report. "Within email, there is a lot of space for content in which you have more creative freedom versus other mediums like social media, SMS and sometimes Web sites."
Furthermore, email has the highest ROI per dollar spent, and is the most effective channel for consumer engagement.
The survey also revealed a marked increase in the number of marketers looking to integrate email with social media to increase engagement opportunities. Forty-five percent of marketers surveyed said "social media channel growth" is their top email marketing initiative for 2016, up from 34% last year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...