News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More marketers seeking to integrate email with social media
A recent survey by Selligent/StrongView suggests marketing budgets will rise this year with email the top target for investment.
Marketing budgets will rise this year among 56% of the 300 marketers surveyed by Selligent/StrongView. A third (35%) will maintain spending levels from 2015 and just 9% plan to decrease investment.
Email marketing is the media category for which most marketers will increase investment as they look to increase subscriber engagement and improve segmentation, targeting and data analysis to better understand customer behavior and context.
"This data is not surprising as email is still, by far, key in any marketing strategy," says Sean Brady, president of the Americas at Emarsys, commenting on the findings of the marketing trends report. "Within email, there is a lot of space for content in which you have more creative freedom versus other mediums like social media, SMS and sometimes Web sites."
Furthermore, email has the highest ROI per dollar spent, and is the most effective channel for consumer engagement.
The survey also revealed a marked increase in the number of marketers looking to integrate email with social media to increase engagement opportunities. Forty-five percent of marketers surveyed said "social media channel growth" is their top email marketing initiative for 2016, up from 34% last year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
- Expert: How SMBs can be more productive
- Study: Transparency important to CPG buyers
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...