News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. takes top spot for mobile shopping
The U.K. is a nation of mobile shoppers, according to new research that delves into the mobile shopping habits of people in several countries in which the U.K. comes out top.
In their survey of mobile users across 10 countries, including the U.K., U.S., Europe and APAC, ecommerce platform provider Episerver discovered that U.K. consumers were the most likely to shop on a mobile device.
Almost 6 in 10 (59%) of U.K. respondents said they had made a purchase with their mobile device, via a web browser, in the past month, according to the Episerver Mobile Commerce report. That is far more than other countries such as the U.S. (50%), Australia (46%) and some European countries such as Belgium and The Netherlands (both 36%).
However, Americans were more likely to make mobile purchases via a retailer's app - 29% compared to 27% in the U.K.
"While this increase in mobile shopping could take its toll on traditional retail outlets, it's not all bad news for UK high streets," said David Bowen, Director, Product Management for Commerce at Episerver. "According to our report, 50% of UK respondents place "on the high street" in their top three locations for using a mobile device. As such, it appears that many UK consumers are looking for a combined online and offline approach to shopping, with many using their mobiles to spot deals and opting for increasingly popular in-store "Click and Collect" services."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...