News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
U.K. takes top spot for mobile shopping
The U.K. is a nation of mobile shoppers, according to new research that delves into the mobile shopping habits of people in several countries in which the U.K. comes out top.
In their survey of mobile users across 10 countries, including the U.K., U.S., Europe and APAC, ecommerce platform provider Episerver discovered that U.K. consumers were the most likely to shop on a mobile device.
Almost 6 in 10 (59%) of U.K. respondents said they had made a purchase with their mobile device, via a web browser, in the past month, according to the Episerver Mobile Commerce report. That is far more than other countries such as the U.S. (50%), Australia (46%) and some European countries such as Belgium and The Netherlands (both 36%).
However, Americans were more likely to make mobile purchases via a retailer's app - 29% compared to 27% in the U.K.
"While this increase in mobile shopping could take its toll on traditional retail outlets, it's not all bad news for UK high streets," said David Bowen, Director, Product Management for Commerce at Episerver. "According to our report, 50% of UK respondents place "on the high street" in their top three locations for using a mobile device. As such, it appears that many UK consumers are looking for a combined online and offline approach to shopping, with many using their mobiles to spot deals and opting for increasingly popular in-store "Click and Collect" services."
Image via Shutterstock
- Binge-watching shedding its negative connotations
- Amazon flexing its delivery options in the UK
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...