News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SMBs not keeping up with mobile-savvy customers
Millions of small businesses across the U.S. are not keeping up with their mobile-savvy customers and prospects, according to new data released by Buzzboard.
BuzzBoard's latest Mobile Readiness Index (MRI), a dynamic platform that analyzes the mobile readiness of 314 US cities and measures the readiness of local city businesses in attracting mobile-savvy consumers, has found that millions of small businesses are still providing their customers and prospects with an outdated "web 1.0 experience".
In fact, almost half (47.3%) are not offering "a web experience that transcends the mobile device revolution", despite mobile increasingly being used for both discovery and purchase. In addition, it means that small businesses are failing to deliver the mobile experience that is being laid down as standard by larger outfits.
"It's amazing to see how few small businesses are prepared for today's mobile-first consumer," said Greg Sterling, local search expert, VP of Strategic Insights for the Local Search Association and author of the whitepaper "Mobile: Ready - or Not?". "The BuzzBoard index is a comprehensive barometer of local 'mobile readiness' and stands as a call to action for communities across the US."
Image via Shutterstock
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...