News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Buy buttons helping retailers sell
The social channel is making a change in the way retailers connect with consumers. That is the takeaway from new Campaigner data which indicates about one-third of retailers (36%) are seeing increased sales because of social media buy buttons.
Because of the increase in conversions last year, Campaigner predicts social buy buttons will be integrated by even more retailers in 2016; their data shows only 22% of retailers used buy buttons in 2015 but suggests about 35% will be using them by year's end.
But, one of the bigger predictions is that 'little data' - i.e. more segmented data - will play a big part in retail over the coming year.
"This idea around 'little data' will be crucial to marketing success in 2016," said EJ McGowan, general manager, Campaigner. "Every marketing strategy should not only be based on data, but based on analysis of the right data, directly relevant to your audience. The industry is moving from a macro-data outlook to a more segmented and targeted approach to metrics, and I believe this will provide significant benefits across the board."
Why little data? As the Internet continues to grow, marketers need to be more specific in how they approach and engage consumers. The data suggests just over one-third (34%) are using segmented data to target and that 19% are using industry verticals.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 70% of marketers say they will focus on website optimization to offer their customers more personalized experiences
• 46% say they want to 'own' the customer experience
• 74% say they'll focus on attracting new customers
• 40% will focus on retaining existing customers
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...