News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Campaigner: Buy buttons helping retailers sell
The social channel is making a change in the way retailers connect with consumers. That is the takeaway from new Campaigner data which indicates about one-third of retailers (36%) are seeing increased sales because of social media buy buttons.
Because of the increase in conversions last year, Campaigner predicts social buy buttons will be integrated by even more retailers in 2016; their data shows only 22% of retailers used buy buttons in 2015 but suggests about 35% will be using them by year's end.
But, one of the bigger predictions is that 'little data' - i.e. more segmented data - will play a big part in retail over the coming year.
"This idea around 'little data' will be crucial to marketing success in 2016," said EJ McGowan, general manager, Campaigner. "Every marketing strategy should not only be based on data, but based on analysis of the right data, directly relevant to your audience. The industry is moving from a macro-data outlook to a more segmented and targeted approach to metrics, and I believe this will provide significant benefits across the board."
Why little data? As the Internet continues to grow, marketers need to be more specific in how they approach and engage consumers. The data suggests just over one-third (34%) are using segmented data to target and that 19% are using industry verticals.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 70% of marketers say they will focus on website optimization to offer their customers more personalized experiences
• 46% say they want to 'own' the customer experience
• 74% say they'll focus on attracting new customers
• 40% will focus on retaining existing customers
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....