News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile key to Cyber Week success
From Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday mobile was the push behind a large number of online purchases. That's the takeaway from several new reports. First, iovation research indicates that more people used mobile devices to shop during Cyber Week than did during the rest of the 2015 year.
Nearly half (48%) of online retail purchases were made via smartphone or tablet according to iovation, that is a 17% increase over the other months in 2015. Other interesting findings from iovation include:
• Cyber Week transactions increased 43% YoY and more than 100% vs. 2013 numbers
• Just over 1% of online retail transactions were fraudulent, 0.62% of mobile purchases were
• 46% of Black Friday purchases were made via mobile
• 39% of Cyber Monday purchases were made via mobile
"With this fresh data, it's clear that consumer purchases using mobile devices spiked over the weekend, as we predicted," said iovation's Vice President of Product Scott Olson. "Interestingly, as dramatically as mobile usage increased over the weekend, it then decreased on Cyber Monday. This is likely a result of consumers returning to work and their normal shopping habits using a desktop or laptop."
Meanwhile, data from AppBoy indicates mobile users were more fond of app usage this year. For instance, on Thanksgiving app sessions were 45% higher than the prior Thursday and 71% higher YoY. Researchers also indicate Black Friday shopping continues to hit early - even on mobile devices. Black Friday shopping showed a transaction increase of 300% versus the previous Friday.
Finally, Dashlane is taking a deeper look at Cyber Monday and finds shoppers spent 93% more that day than on the average Monday. The top retailers for Cyber Monday were Amazon, Target, CostCo and BestBuy.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
- Top 3 tips to strengthen travel-based ad strategy
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...