BizReport

RSS feed Get our RSS feed

News by Topic




BizReport : Email Marketing : November 13, 2015


Top 3 tips for engaging, automated email this holiday

Automation can be a huge help for brands in the holiday season, but only if they follow a few simple rules so that the messaging sent to customers is relevant as well as engaging.

by Kristina Knight

By using certain behavioral and merchandising triggers that have been adapted for the holidays, email marketers can communicate with the 97.3% in a way that will lead to more conversions while also targeting the remaining 2.7% in ways that will increase average order values.

First, Post Purchase

"Post Purchase emails are a great way for retailers to increase their revenue during the holidays through product recommendations associated with purchases. Post Purchase emails delivered on Christmas Day found to be 85% more likely to be opened, 113% more likely to be clicked-through, and 33% more likely to result in a purchase than Post Purchase emails delivered on an average day. Not only that, spend on purchases as a result of these emails was 36% higher than the average day," said Cameron Lewis, Content Marketing Specialist at Bluecore.

Second, Abandoned Search

"Abandoned Search emails perform well during this latter part of the holiday season. Bluecore found that Abandoned Search emails delivered by our partners on Christmas Day were 64% more likely to be opened and 58% more likely to be clicked-through than on an average day in 2014," said Lewis. "By using Abandoned Search emails throughout the month of December, especially leading up to the last day orders can be made in time for Christmas delivery, retailers can provide interesting product recommendations to their holiday shoppers that will meet their gift-giving needs."

Third, Price Drop

"You'd think shoppers would be sick of hearing about lower prices and great deals by the time December rolls around. Fortunately for marketers, this definitely isn't the case. Price Drop emails during the second half of the holidays perform so well in terms of revenue that retailers will want this crucial email type used throughout the holidays," said Lewis. "When Bluecore analyzed Price Drop emails sent by partners on Christmas Day, we found that purchases made as a result of these emails had values 316% higher than emails sent on a random day in July. These emails were also 29% more likely to be clicked-through than on the average day, showing they're able to drive more conversions than usual. By combining holiday copy changes that create a sense of urgency for customers with a knowledge of each customers' unique browsing history, retailers and inform customers when products they've shown an interest in drop in price. With many Christmas shoppers being one-off visitors only here to take advantage of deals, Price Drop emails are a great opportunity for retailers to capitalize on the 97.3%."






Image via Shutterstock

Tags: Bluecore, email content, email marketing, email trends








Subscribe to BizReport







http://www.bizreport.com/2015/11/top-3-tips-for-engaging-automated-email-this-holiday.html

 

 

Copyright © 1999- BizReport. All rights reserved.
Republication or redistribution of BizReport content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent.
BizReport shall not be liable for any errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.