News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
E-receipts under-used as additional marketing vehicle
Marketers are missing a valuable opportunity to present consumers with additional marketing messages while linking offline and online shopping experiences, according to research carried out for Bronto Software which reveals that almost half of consumers in the UK would like to receive e-receipts.
Is there an additional channel via which marketers can notify consumers about upcoming sales, product promotions or loyalty programs? Yes, found Bronto Software in its latest research, conducted by YouGov, via e-receipts
Forty-five percent of consumers surveyed said they would like to receive digital copies of receipts when making an in-store purchase, yet only a third said they had ever been presented with the opportunity. While many of us might shun the printed version, many more would be open to having a paperless version sent direct to our mobile device or laptop.
What's more - two-thirds (64%) of those surveyed said they would be open to receiving additional marketing messages via those digital receipts - rising to 73% among those age 18-24. Forty percent said they would like to be informed of upcoming sales, 34% about product promotions and 31% about loyalty programs.
According to Georges Berzgal, digital receipts offer retailers another way in which to connect offline and online shopping experiences.
"The commerce landscape is evolving quickly and retailers are under increasing pressure to adapt to shifting patterns in consumer behavior," says Berzgal. "Customers have come to expect a seamless omnichannel shopping experience, and our research highlights the value of e-receipts to help deliver this. Digital receipts are convenient, and therefore popular amongst consumers, and they offer retailers an enormous opportunity to deliver valuable promotional content to customers."
Image via Shutterstock
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...