News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Shoppers will gift to themselves
Look for shoppers to make a few purchases for themselves this holiday season. That according to Connexity. They analyzed a BizRate Insights study and found, especially over the Thanksgiving holiday, more shoppers will buy for themselves than they will for others.
Don't call them Grinches. Call them savvy shoppers. According to Connexity, over the upcoming US Thanksgiving holiday more than half of shoppers (52%) will be looking for items for themselves; about 47% will be buying for others.
Researchers with Connexity analyzed the 2014 Holiday Study conducted by Bizrate Insights and Forrester Research to come to their conclusions.
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Through Thanksgiving shoppers are mostly buying for themselves
• Cyber Monday most shoppers switch into gifting for others mode
• GenY and Seniors are most likely to buy gifts for themselves through Thanksgiving
• Gen Xers are most likely to buy for others before Thanksgiving
What does this mean for retailers? It could mean a strategy shift for pre-Thanksgiving weekend campaigns. Telling shoppers how much a product or service could benefit them may help move more items off of store shelves. Tweaking that message as a gift for others will continue to holiday spending post-Cyber Monday.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...