News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android steadily catching up Apple on opens and clicks in E.U.
Research from email delivery platform SendGrid shows open and click rates for Apple have stagnated across Europe while Android sees healthy growth.
Analysis of around 10 billion emails sent across SendGrid's database of 200,000 companies has revealed a slowing in iPhone and iPad open rates across Europe. iPhone now accounts for 24% of all email opens and clicks in SendGrid's largest market, the U.K., but this represents an 8% decrease on last year.
Meanwhile, in terms of E.U.-wide iPhone opens and clicks this has risen 8%. In Slovakia, Luxembourg and the Netherlands, iPhone email open and clicks dropped significantly - 38%, 21% and 15% respectively. Croatia saw almost three quarters (70%) of SendGrid-delivered email opens and clicks on an iPhone in 2015, a significantly higher figure than any of its European counterparts.
Android email usage, on the other hand, rose by an average of 68% across the E.U. with 22 out of the 28 member states showing an increase. The most significant rises were in Bulgaria (364%), Poland (309%) and Luxembourg (178%). In the U.K., Android open and click rates rose 23% YoY.
According to Aaron Beach, SendGrid's senior data scientist, "whilst Apple devices remain the most popular business communications platform, we've seen Android steadily catch up in our year-on-year data for all device platform clicks. Apple will have some work to do to maintain their dominant position".
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...