News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer experience
Customer experience failures are impacting brands across the board, but it takes more than simply answering a call quickly or having up-to-date inventory numbers to solve a customer experience issue. Here are our top 3 tips to improve customer experience.
First, find CX failure points and correct them.
"One surefire way to guarantee an unwavering, effortless customer experience is to minimize your brands biggest areas of failure. Do this by pinpointing where your customer experience falls short and produce meaningful solutions that will salvage customer relationships during a time of need. By understanding where you can improve your CX, organizations can work to eliminate these failures in order to turn negative experiences into positive ones," said Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL.
Second, leverage tech to optimize the customer experience.
"Since humans get more of the blame for CX failures, it is important to audit the systems in place to ensure the strategy in place for both your technology and people work together to deliver the best experiences possible. Businesses can take advantage of a growing number of tools and tactics that help to personalize and localize customer engagements and positively impact their business in real-time," said O'Neill.
Third, don't give up.
"In the case that a failure does occur, understand that customers are not always ready to throw in the towel. SDL's study shows that four out of five customers experiencing a horrible CX are interested in resolving the CX failure. Organizations can partner with customers on resolutions. Thirty five percent of customers will return if a brand owns up to the failure, while 30 percent would like to see how the brand has improved their business as a result of a poor CX. Giving discounts, credits and rebates are also ways to redeem the relationship," said O'Neill.
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...