News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
To best reach an international audience and generate brand loyalty, organizations need to speak the language of the customer. Here are some valuable ways for marketers to achieve this:
First, make translation strategic.
"[Brands should] instill a language and cultural strategy (specifically designed for your niche market) as a fundamental component in your organization's overall marketing plan. Those who engage with customers in the most culturally relevant manner find the most success," said Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL.
Second, know how your customers' language.
"Today's consumers live in multilingual setting. An example comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which found that by 2060, those of Hispanic or Latino origin will make up 28.6 percent of the total population. An SDL study also found that 46 percent of the millennial population currently is more likely to purchase a product or service if information is in their preferred language. This is a huge opportunity for brands to embrace localization strategies grounded in customer engagement preference for the most personalized customer experience," said O'Neill.
Third, expand the customer relationship.
"Once context (language, device, channel) is understood and established with customers, organizations should expand their customer relationships well beyond the basics of pre-sales, purchase and support. Creating transparency and accessibility through various touchpoints will encourage shoppers to come back for more, keeping the brand top of mind for consumers," said O'Neill.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...