News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
To best reach an international audience and generate brand loyalty, organizations need to speak the language of the customer. Here are some valuable ways for marketers to achieve this:
First, make translation strategic.
"[Brands should] instill a language and cultural strategy (specifically designed for your niche market) as a fundamental component in your organization's overall marketing plan. Those who engage with customers in the most culturally relevant manner find the most success," said Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL.
Second, know how your customers' language.
"Today's consumers live in multilingual setting. An example comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which found that by 2060, those of Hispanic or Latino origin will make up 28.6 percent of the total population. An SDL study also found that 46 percent of the millennial population currently is more likely to purchase a product or service if information is in their preferred language. This is a huge opportunity for brands to embrace localization strategies grounded in customer engagement preference for the most personalized customer experience," said O'Neill.
Third, expand the customer relationship.
"Once context (language, device, channel) is understood and established with customers, organizations should expand their customer relationships well beyond the basics of pre-sales, purchase and support. Creating transparency and accessibility through various touchpoints will encourage shoppers to come back for more, keeping the brand top of mind for consumers," said O'Neill.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Email and experience tools
- RichRelevance: Site Search key for shoppers
- How loyalty data can improve the shopper experience
- UK consumers will have 12 billion click-to-call conversations this year
- Consumers to brands: Don't call me maybe
- Brands risk reputation when delivery speeds do not match purchaser expectations
- Ad experience improves but ad blocking still rising
- Research reveals power of user-generated images in reviews
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...