News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
To best reach an international audience and generate brand loyalty, organizations need to speak the language of the customer. Here are some valuable ways for marketers to achieve this:
First, make translation strategic.
"[Brands should] instill a language and cultural strategy (specifically designed for your niche market) as a fundamental component in your organization's overall marketing plan. Those who engage with customers in the most culturally relevant manner find the most success," said Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL.
Second, know how your customers' language.
"Today's consumers live in multilingual setting. An example comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which found that by 2060, those of Hispanic or Latino origin will make up 28.6 percent of the total population. An SDL study also found that 46 percent of the millennial population currently is more likely to purchase a product or service if information is in their preferred language. This is a huge opportunity for brands to embrace localization strategies grounded in customer engagement preference for the most personalized customer experience," said O'Neill.
Third, expand the customer relationship.
"Once context (language, device, channel) is understood and established with customers, organizations should expand their customer relationships well beyond the basics of pre-sales, purchase and support. Creating transparency and accessibility through various touchpoints will encourage shoppers to come back for more, keeping the brand top of mind for consumers," said O'Neill.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...