News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Surveys point to what Mom wants
Gym memberships? A new hair style? A fun meal with the family? Kids (and dads) across the country are looking for something great for Mom this Mother's Day, and we've got some inside scoop.
First, Criteo has released a new infographic that finds if kids (and dads) have already made purchases, Mom will likely get jewelry for Mother's Day. Those shopping the week of May 4 are most likely to receive clothing/accessories from mass merchants or luxury brands and those shopping last minute (week of May 7), flowers and gifts are on tap.
The report also indicates about one-third of Mother's Day purchases will be made on mobile devices this year.
As to what Mom really wants, a new survey from Ebates indicates moms aren't looking for a trip to the gym from their kids. The Ebates survey shows more than half (60%) of moms want quality family time while about one-third (31%) would be happy with dinner out.
But Mother's Day isn't just about giving gifts -it's about what Moms have given their kids. BeFrugal recently surveyed people about the best advice they've gotten from their mom. Among the winners:
• 81% say Mom has offered financial advice, about half (55%) say that advice was to 'live within the means' and to budget (40%)
• 85% say Mom taught them to be frugal, 57% say Mom taught them how to take advantage of sales, coupons and discount codes
• 79% say they'll use Mom's tricks when they shop - using coupons and codes to save
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...