News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Ad cues to take from the Chinese New Year
According to the Chinese 2015 will be The Year of the Sheep; the new year was rung in in February. Whether you believe in astrology or not, one expert believes there are three key takeaways from the Year of the Sheep you should follow.
First, think of three as your lucky number.
"The Year of the Sheep's lucky number is three - so in the spirit of the Chinese New Year, Campaigner recommends A/B split testing at least 3 different subject lines to ensure you have the optimal subject for your email campaigns," said Seamas Egan, Revenue Operations, Campaigner.
Second, balance the Yin and Yang.
"In email marketing, the Yin Yang balance represents content vs. promotions, so be sure to find the right balance in your messaging to provide both relevant content and compelling offers," said Eagan.
Third, be flexible.
"Marketers should be as flexible as the easily adaptable individuals born under the sheep sign. Campaigner recommends setting up automated workflows to respond to any type of recipient behavior and ensure sustained customer engagement," said Eagan.
Fourth, go red.
"One of the lucky colors for a Sheep is red [and] according to a Hubspot case study, red call to action buttons receive 21% more clicks than green. So take advantage and test out red in your next campaign," advises Eagan.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...