News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Most shoppers spend more with personalization
New data for the online space: personalization is paying off. According to new data out from MyBuys about half of shoppers are influence to spend more with retailers who personalize emails and other offers for them.
Personalization has gone from simply adding a recipients name to an email to basing content for campaigns from email to mobile on past browsing history, purchases and other behavioral cues. And that personalization is paying off. That is the word from MyBuys who, in a new study, found about 53% of shoppers spend more with retailers who recommend products based on past browsing or buying behaviors.
"Consumers want consistent personalization everywhere they shop and on every device they use," said Rita Brogley, president and CEO of MyBuys. "By incorporating more tailored content and offers into their marketing strategies, retailers can improve brand loyalty, boost conversion and increase sales. Consumers engage and shop more when they receive a truly personalized shopping experience across all channels. When done right, customers consider personalization a valuable service rather than an annoyance."
Some other interesting findings from the study include:
• 52% of shoppers spend more when online ads are based on shopping behaviors
• 48% spend more based on email personalization
• 39% 'are frustrated' when retailers don't personalize website recommendations
• 38% are frustrated with unpersonalized email messaging
About one-third (37%) also say they don't like it when past purchases aren't taken into account by retailers.
Researchers also found that most (74%) of shoppers are using smartphones for product research and one-third are have now made purchases on a smartphone.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...