News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Most shoppers spend more with personalization
New data for the online space: personalization is paying off. According to new data out from MyBuys about half of shoppers are influence to spend more with retailers who personalize emails and other offers for them.
Personalization has gone from simply adding a recipients name to an email to basing content for campaigns from email to mobile on past browsing history, purchases and other behavioral cues. And that personalization is paying off. That is the word from MyBuys who, in a new study, found about 53% of shoppers spend more with retailers who recommend products based on past browsing or buying behaviors.
"Consumers want consistent personalization everywhere they shop and on every device they use," said Rita Brogley, president and CEO of MyBuys. "By incorporating more tailored content and offers into their marketing strategies, retailers can improve brand loyalty, boost conversion and increase sales. Consumers engage and shop more when they receive a truly personalized shopping experience across all channels. When done right, customers consider personalization a valuable service rather than an annoyance."
Some other interesting findings from the study include:
• 52% of shoppers spend more when online ads are based on shopping behaviors
• 48% spend more based on email personalization
• 39% 'are frustrated' when retailers don't personalize website recommendations
• 38% are frustrated with unpersonalized email messaging
About one-third (37%) also say they don't like it when past purchases aren't taken into account by retailers.
Researchers also found that most (74%) of shoppers are using smartphones for product research and one-third are have now made purchases on a smartphone.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...