News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
54% of email in UK opened on an Apple device
Email analysis conducted by SendGrid has found that more than half of all email in the U.K. is opened on an Apple device.
Analysis of emails opened over 10 days at the start of 2015 has found that 54% of all email opened on mobile in the U.K. is opened on an Apple device. Just 8% is opened on an Android device, according to SendGrid's data.
Email open rates on Android have dropped 30% compared to the same period last year, while open on iPhones and iPads has increased 5% and 18% respectively.
A similar picture emerges in other European countries where Apple devices see the majority of email opens:
Italy - 50%
France - 47%
Spain - 47%
Germany - 46%
"The variety of devices people use for email tells us a lot about how different platforms are performing across the UK," said Aaron Beach, Senior Data Scientist of SendGrid. 'While people might own a number of devices it seems that Apple is still the firm favourite, as their recent results show. Android was the surprise this year showing a marked drop on 2014, perhaps reflecting the problems of handset makers such as Samsung."
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...