News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Janrain report tracks continuing rise in popularity of social logins
The popularity of social logins continues to grow, according to customer profile management firm Janrain's latest report, with Facebook's market share increasing for the second consecutive quarter.
According to Janrain's report, more than 90% of Internet users have encountered a social login. Furthermore, more than half are actually using them and 91% like using them and are satisifed with the experience.
Facebook is the social login most often chosen and the social network's market share increased in the third quarter of this year by 2% to 46% further increasing the lead over second place Google with its 34% market share.
Facebook's growth in Q3 2013 came from its use on music entertainment sites where its market share grew by 9%, while Twitter and Yahoo's share both fell by half during the quarter.
The rise in use of social logins among Internet users has benefits for marketers. They are an effective device for collecting accurate and complete profile data without harming acquisition rates.
"Social login transforms any registration process into a single click and makes it simple to get permission to access rich demographic and psychographic data," writes Michael Olsen, Senior Product Marketing Manager on Janrain's blog. "This customer profile data will help improve segmentation, personalization and targeting efforts."
Other key findings from the report include:
- Twitter grew its share 1.3%, mostly fueled from consumer brand sites;
- Behind Twitter, the next strongest growth came from other networks such as Instagram, Amazon and PayPal;
- LinkedIn, Google and Facebook are neck and neck on B2B sites, with Google edging into a narrow lead last quarter.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...